Transportation from and to Vienna International Airport (VIE)
The journey time from the Vienna International Airport to Vienna is approx. 15 – 30 min. depending on the means of transport (train, bus or taxi). Keep in mind that the actual journey time may also depend on the traffic conditions, if you are going by bus or taxi.
The best way to get to my office is to take a direct train from Viennat International airport to „Wien Hauptbahnhof“ – Vienna Central Railwaystation. The other way os to take the City Airport Train to the City Air Terminal / Landstrasse – Wien Mitte and then Underground Numer 1 (U1) to „Wien Hauptbahnhof“ (Vienna central railwaystation). My office is very near to Vienna’s central railwaystation.
The City Airport Train is the non-stop connection between the station Wien Mitte / Landstrasse (City Air Terminal) and Vienna International Airport. The ride takes approx. 16 min. From the station Wien Mitte / Landstrasse you have access to the underground lines U3 and U4.
- From City Air Terminal to Vienna Airport: from 05:36 to 23:06 every 30 minutes
- From Vienna Airport to City Air Terminal: from 06:06 to 23:36 every 30 minutes
- Fares: one way ticket for one adult: from €11.00 / round-trip ticket for one adult: from €19.00
- Note: The CAT is not a member of the public transport network and you need an appropriate ticket if you change to or from public means of transport. Combined tickets for the CAT and public transport are available.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.cityairporttrain.com or onsite.
The Austrian railway system (ÖBB) runs direct trains between the Vienna International Airport and Vienna Central Railwaystation every 30 min. The journey time from and to the station is about 15 min.
You have good access to the public transport network of Vienna at Vienna Central Railwaystation (underground line U1 and several tram and bus lines).
You can buy the tickets directly in the arrival hall of Vienna International Airport or at the station.
Fares: One-way: € 8, Return: €13
Vienna International Airport – Wien Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz – City Centre
- The trip takes approx. 20 min. From Schwedenplatz you have access to the underground lines U1 and U4.
- To the airport: from 04:00 to 23:30 every 30 minutes
- From the airport: from 04:50 to 00:20 every 30 minutes
Vienna International Airport – Kagran
- The trip takes approx. 20 – 30 min. From Vienna International Center you have access to the underground line U1.
- From the Kagran to the airport: from 05:58 to 18:58 every 60 minutes
- From the airport to Kagran: from 07:10 to 20:10 every 60 minutes
Vienna International Airport – Westbahnhof (Vienna West Station)
- The trip takes approx. 35 min. From Vienna West Station you have access to the underground lines U3 and U6.
- To the airport: from 05:00 to 23:00 every 30 minutes
- From the airport: from 06:00 to 00:00 every 30 minutes
- Note: The Vienna AirportLines are not member of the public transport network and you need an appropriate ticket if you change to or from public means of transport.
Different taxi companies are waiting right in front of the arrival building of the airport. They offer fixed fares depending on the destination in Vienna. The price is approx. 30.00 – 40.00 €. Depending on traffic the trip takes 20 – 45 min.